Information we may collect from you and why we collect it
When you make a booking or enquire about making a booking, we will collect certain personal data about you and about any other person you include on your booking. The sort of personal data we collect will be information such as name, address, email address, telephone number, and personal requirements. We need to collect this information in order to arrange the services you are requesting.
We may also collect personal data about you in the following circumstances
If you enter a competition or promotion, complete a survey, or if you report a problem.
If you actively sign up to receive email newsletters from us, (although you will be given the option to opt-out of such use).
If you contact us, we may keep a record of your email or phone number.
When you browse our website
We may collect information about your computer including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. We use Google Analytics to understand how users interact with our website.
Transfer and use of your information
When you make a booking or other purchase with us or make an enquiry with us, we will store your information in systems managed by third parties, these are:
- If you make an Enquiry but do not make a reservation with us: we will hold your email address and name within Wix Inbox and will send regular newsletters/marketing by email through Wix ShoutOut. As from 25th May 2018, you will need to opt-in for this and all newsletters sent will have an option to ‘opt-out’ ( see below). Wix Inbox is highly secure and is compliant with GDPR regulations.
- If you make a booking with us, we will hold your data within our reservations system, this is managed by Wave a Toronto based company with highly secure systems (Level 1 PCI-DSS compliant) and by Wix Inbox. We will also transfer this information to our own systems to manage your booking and details and to ensure all our staff understand your requirements.
As above, we use Google Analytics to understand how users interact within a website, but for these purposes, personal data is not used or stored.
Use of your personal details by third parties
We never share or sell any personal data with third parties for their own marketing purposes.
How We Use Your Information
We use information held about you for the purposes as stated below:
- To carry out our obligations arising in connection with any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To communicate with you regarding your booking or other purchase;
- To ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- For improving the quality of our service and the products offered via this site;
- For resolving complaints and dealing with disputes;
- For preventing and detecting fraudulent or criminal activity;
- For debt collection, if needed.
With reference to the above, if you have made an enquiry or purchase from us, your personal data may be used by Benni Carol Photography to contact you by post and/or by electronic means (email or text message) with information and offers relating to products or services similar to those about which you enquired or which you purchased.
We will only do this if you did not opt out of such marketing at the point where we collect your contact details.
We use Wix ShoutOut for email marketing/newsletters. Wix ShoutOut has a rigorous opt-out system. We send out regular email marketing/newsletters to everyone who has made an enquiry with us. On every piece of email marketing/newsletter, you will be sent, there is the option to opt out. If you chose to opt out, you will never receive email marketing from us again, unless you formally request to be re-added to our email marketing lists.
Your right to access any personal data we hold
You have the right to ask for full details of the personal information we hold on you at any time, by contacting us.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure, and although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted, therefore any transmission is at your own risk.
Once we have received your information, we will take all reasonable steps to keep your personal data secure and to try to prevent any unauthorised access to it.
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers.
For all email, we use SSL security.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping that password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Links To Third Party Websites
Our website contains links to and from the websites of our suppliers, and other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these other websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for these 3rd party websites. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.