February 12, 2019
Based in Southern Spain, Esztella at Hojas D’Amour is an eco-wedding planner, who helps couples create their sustainable wedding, without ever compromising the quality and beauty of the day.
"I grew up in a small village near the forest that I got to know like the palm of my hand. I am a nature and animal lover. My parents taught me how to love and respect them
since I was born. My love of nature is a major reason why I specialise in eco-friendly weddings.
Ever since I was a child, I have always dreamed about this profession. I have more than 10 years of hospitality experience behind me. During these past years, I attended
many weddings where I learned a lot, not only about their organisation but also about empathy and compassion. For me is very important to understand what my couples’
needs, priorities and values. My goal is to help them translate it into their wedding."
Hojas D’Amour's mission is to encourage an increasingly greater number of couples to opt for greener weddings, thinking of sustainability and protecting our planet. Our
goal is to create elegant and unique intimate weddings, while always opting for what's best for the environment without sacrificing the quality or beauty of the wedding.
We want to show respect towards the planet and reduce the negative impact as much as possible with the weddings we create.
We want the couples understand that Eco weddings can be just as beautiful, elegant or glamorous as any conventional one But without harming our planet and leaving tons of
As a Green Wedding planner I understand the environmental impacts associated with each part of the wedding planning process and will help offer a variety of Sustainable alternatives to my
couples without sacrificing the beauty or the quality of their wedding.
1. Minimal amount of printed materials
2. Working with shuttle service –helping reduce the carbon footprint
3. Working with like-minded suppliers – to make sure they understand and share your values to create a beautiful Eco-friendly wedding that reflects your values, personalities,
4. 100% plastic-free
5. Working with venues where you can keep both the ceremony and reception. In this way, we also reduce our carbon footprint.
6. Leftover food or flowers will be donated to hospitals and nurseries
7. Working with caterers which provide local and seasonal food
8. Decoration: “Less is more” we keep it simple but stylish. Using recycled, rented items, minimise the decoration with cut flowers. The flowers we use are seasonal and local.
Also, we avoid the oasis floral foams.
9. Hojas D’ Amour organise outdoor, intimate, daytime weddings to take advantage of natural light as much as we can to avoid electricity consumption.
a. When it gets dark, we use Led fairy lights, soy, or beeswax candles. (the most eco-friendly options)
10. Stationary: Minimising the amount of virgin paper used in your wedding stationery can have a huge impact. That’s why we work with 100% Eco-friendly wedding stationery like
plantable seed paper, recycled, crafted paper…
We also use ‘Ecosia’ for a search engine- which uses its profit to plant trees. It’s amazing, isn’t it?
To know all about Esztella's eco-friendly wedding planning, check out her website:
For more sustainable wedding suppliers:
- Eco-friendly and Sustainable Wedding Planner:
- Eco-friendly and Sustainable Wedding Stationery:
- Eco-friendly and Sustainable Wedding and Engagement Rings:
- Eco-friendly and Sustainable Wedding Dress Designer:
- Eco-friendly and Sustainable Wedding Venues:
- Eco-friendly and Sustainable Confetti
- Eco-friendly and Sustainable Wedding Flowers:
- Eco-friendly and Sustainable Hair and Makeup Artist:
- Eco-friendly and Sustainable Cakes:
Benni Carol's Eco-Wedding Suppliers Network
Keep updated on all the latest trends and news about the outdoor and destination wedding world and receive our two brand new and totally FREE guides on planning a wedding outdoors and a wedding in Tuscany!