February 1, 2019
Photo Credit: Nick Tucker Photography
ECO-FRIENDLY AND ETHICAL HAIR AND MAKEUP ARTIST
Carolanne is a hair and makeup artist based in West Sussex who has worked independently all over the South of England and across the UK for the past decade, providing beautiful, professional, editorial style makeup and styling for bridal clients.
Carolanne chooses hair and makeup products for her kit which are the most ethically and sustainably produced/packaged, as well as those which provide beautiful and long lasting results for skin and hair.
Carolanne’s work is recognised for a focus on an invisible, flawless, glowing finish but is not limited to one style. Her technical skills make any look possible, influenced by any era. Importantly though, the finish is always fluently in tune with the client, rather than a face altering makeover.
Photo Credits: Photography by Bea, Eddie Judd
“For a long time, beauty products labelled ‘eco-friendly’ were disappointing in their performance, so we had to choose between ethics and results. With increased demand and a cultural awareness of the how our consumption is directly affecting nature and the planet, our choices as consumers are now hugely important and also a lot easier.
With this increased demand, the development of sustainable and ethically made products has also improved and it’s encouraging to see more mainstream brands adopting essential practices too.”
Carolanne's eco-commitments when choosing her products
Some of the considerations Carolanne has as a hair and makeup artist when selecting products are;
- Organically grown ingredients for the benefit of soil health and insect populations
- Cruelty free and vegan production
- Whether packaging is refillable, recyclable or recycled - Beauty miles: how far has this product travelled?
- Who owns the brand and what are their practices?
Photo Credits: Juliet McKee, Photography by Bea, Eddie Judd , Anna Rosell
“On a day-to-day basis, my own individual behaviours mirror those I expect from the brands I use. I travel by electric car, powered by sustainable energy at home and on the road, I bank with Triodos and I grow my own organic fruit, vegetables and flowers in my garden in West Sussex.”
To know all about Carolanne Armstrong Hair & Makeup Artist, check our her website:
For more sustainable wedding suppliers:
→ CHECK OUT ALL THE WONDERFUL ECO-PROVIDERS
Or browse through categories
- Eco-friendly and Sustainable Wedding Planner:
Green Soul Weddings ; Fusion Events and Weddings
- Eco-friendly and Sustainable Wedding Stationery:
Laura Likes ; Chloe Ainsley Creative
- Eco-friendly and Sustainable Wedding and Engagement Rings:
Jacqueline & Edward ; Aura Muse
- Eco-friendly and Sustainable Wedding Dress Designer:
- Eco-friendly and Sustainable Wedding Venues:
- Eco-friendly and Sustainable Confetti
- Eco-friendly and Sustainable Wedding Flowers:
- Eco-friendly and Sustainable Hair and Makeup Artist:
→ CHECK OUT OUR ECO-WEDDING PLANNING RESOURCES
- 13 Tips to plan an eco-friendly wedding
- Top 10 Sustainable Wedding Dresses in the UK
Benni Carol's Eco-Wedding Suppliers Network
Keep updated on all the latest trends and news about the outdoor and destination wedding world and receive our two brand new and totally FREE guides on planning a wedding outdoors and a wedding in Tuscany!